• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bluechip

Bluechip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:52 AM

I have a McMillan 50 and I haven't yet made the step to acquiring everything I will need for reloading my own. I have a .554 neck no. 3 Lilja barrel ( sp 505) with 'list Amax' stamped on it. I have 100 loaded rounds that will be fire formed soon. I am assuming the party I purchased the rifle from is qualified to make decent reloads for me. The samples I received had amax bullets and also some solid brass with an unknown  (to me) powder. I will be sending the fire formed cases back to him soon for reloading and would like to know a 'ballpark' figure for that would put me close to the amount of jump or jam and also if I should stay with the amax bullets. I realize all guns a different but any advice will be much better than a blind guess from me. I also received a spare barrel with the rifle marked 'over the edge' 0710188BR' lazz bore rider' neck .554, no 6 K&P SS PTG 204. Any help will be greatly appreciated! 

#2 P&W-Fixer

P&W-Fixer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:51 PM

On the second barrel "no6 K&P" I would contact Kenny J. at K&P Barrels. I believe the PTG 204 refers to the reamer that was utilized to cut your chamber. I too, have a .554" Neck, but in a 34" Feddersen Barrel. My gun will not shoot Amax's very accurately. I've found that this barrel prefer's Lehigh 510-130's an 800 gr Brass Borerider. And, they are cheaper than the Amax's. I've also found much tighter weight tolerances on the 808's as compared to the 750 Amax, when I have weight sorted each of them.  I weight sort all projectiles before I load them.

With your first barrel stamped "list Amax", is it possible it is referring to "Martin List" as the gunsmith that chambered your barrel?  

Lastly, I personally, would have to know a great deal of information about the party I bought a gun from, BEFORE I would allow them to load ANY ammo for me. Just remember, that a 50 BMG round going off next to your head/face, has as much, or more energy, than a hand grenade  :eek:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users