Photo

EDM M96 Windrunner accuracy loss with RND forend, bipod, and carry handle??????

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 azpaleo

azpaleo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:03 PM

Hi,
I just send my EDM Windrunner to RND to be permanently modified to accept the RND forend tube for the M96 Windrunner. I am going to purchase the Forend tube, bipod, and carry handle.

I was wondering if anyone here knows about any possible loss in accuracy or rifle integrity. Bill at EDM Arms showed me how to hand tighten the barrel nut correctly and said not to use a wrench.

I was thinking that if you use the bipod attached to the RND forend tube with pressure on the barrel nut hand tightened, there may be some issues with uneven pressure at the barrel threads which (as we know with scope mount screws that are too long in the front and press up against barrel threads) this can hurt accuracy. Bill also stated a few years back in a forum that the forend tubes affect with the harmonics of the barrel. That was with the old RND tubes. I have the new EDM barrel which is solid and not fluted so much stiffer.

Does anyone think I would lose accuracy or gain it as I will have a much more stable platform even though I already have the extended bipods on the new Windrunner. I like the look and idea about the RND setup and already shipped my barrel nut but am having second thoughts.

Thanks!

#2 oldman-v

oldman-v

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:02 AM

Hopefully you did NOT send back to factory as company has closed due to death of owner.

This was info I received lately. Hopefully wrong but needs to be verified.

OLDMAN & Family

#3 EDM

EDM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:43 PM

Hi  azpaleo I've been working on EDM's for the past 11yrs in Europe & the only place for the by pod is in it's original position that is under the receiver otherwise you will lose your  accuracy , as Bill told you , you will muck up  the harmonics of the barrel.

Bill died on the 11.05.2016 he was my friend.

EDM 

Edited by EDM, 14 August 2017 - 01:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users